Saturday, August 16, 2008

My birthday present

Now I know what I am getting (or doing) for my birthday - gall bladder surgery. I did want to have my surgery the following week but the surgeon only had scheduled surgery dates in September of the 12th and the 19th. All the other days he does trauma surgery instead. I picked the 19th as on the 12th we will be going to Maine for Walter's birthday. Now that I have that date I can schedule the rest of my life and figure out when I can work, etc. Also , it works well as Walter will be home for the weekend while I am recuperating.

One thing I have been perfecting recently is procrastinating. Here it is Saturday and I should have worked more this week. Some of it I can make up this weekend but some of it I can't so I will just be behind again... Grrr. I hate it when that happens.

One of my key stall for work techniques is to surf the internet because you never know what you can find there. Then I get sick of my computer and go out to the garden and admire the flowers, vegetables and weeds. This week I got to combine the two. Someone sent me a link to a YouTube video on gardening.

Today we are off for a walk as it is another tropical Boston day - 60 degrees and foggy. They claim tomorrow will be in the 80's so we are going to the ocean somewhere and Monday will be 90 but I won't believe it until I see it.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...