Monday, August 18, 2008

Fun at the beach

Yesterday, we got up early and went to the beach. I never go to the beach on sunny, summer weekend days because its too crowded, I burn easily, and its expensive. We considered going to a park on the ocean which does not have a beach but I really, really, really, really, really wanted to go to the beach. So we compromised. We got up early, stopped and got muffins (the bribe for Walter is to stop at the Gingerbread Construction Company for muffins anytime we go anywhere), and then got to the beach before 9 am. We were in the second row of cars in the parking lot - it was really empty. We got a nice space on the sand, with the breeze and far enough down so that we were past the worst of the crowds. We had our muffins and went for a walk. By the time we got back, many thousands of people had shown up and some had even infringed on our little spot. We didn't go swimming but did wade in to our waists. We left at 12 and went out for clams - steamed ones to keep the gall bladder happy. There was a line of cars down the road waiting to get in to the beach as well so I think we timed our visit quite nicely.

Today I am going for a walk and then doing some work from home. Then I am going to the doctor with a friend. But this time I am not the patient. Quite a nice change I think.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...