Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm still pondering

Twice recently I have been asked in group situations, what is the best thing to come out of my cancer diagnosis. The only thing anyone in the two groups could come up with is being more on top of one's medical issues. I mean the rest of it - an unwanted hair cut, nausea from chemo, surgery, other side effects, medications, and stress - who wants any of it. (No I really didn't want to go bald.)

What I find interesting is both times this question was asked by a professional therapist type person to a bunch of breast cancer people. I think all of us are still waiting for something good to come out of it. Maybe they were trying to get us to see the positive in this. Well, maybe some one has seen something positive. But not me.

Another pondering, was it really bad of me to eat garlic bread and garlic hummus the day before a dentist appointment???

Yesterday I did go to my support group for the first time in over a month. I also worked and did lots of work from home. Today I am going to go for a walk, the dentist (and yes I flossed), work, run errands, and work from home. I think that's plenty for one day.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...