Monday, May 3, 2010

Back from vacation

Its Monday morning. Its raining. We have a boil water order. We have to go back to work after a week of vacation. I want another day off. Wait, tomorrow I am 'working' from home.

We did have a wonderful vacation. We spent five days in Montreal where we saw all sorts of different things. It did snow one day while we were there. Then we went to Stowe Weekend of Hope which helps refresh one's thoughts on cancer. I met a lot of other people with cancer and lymphedema. We compared lymphedema sleeves and treatments and prognosis. It was nice to not be the only one wearing a stupid sleeve all the time.

We got home early afternoon, did laundry, grocery shopped, all the usual things. My back is happy to be sleeping in our own bed. While we stayed in nice places, I missed the memory foam topper we have and my back ached most of the time. I am also reunited with my five pillows! Yippee!! And no more public bathrooms!

I did learn something from our last vacation. Do not weigh yourself the day you return from vacation because all that will happen is you will say 'eek' followed by lots of other words that you shouldn't. I will weigh myself in a week or two after eating a lot of salads.

But now we are back to work. Grrr. And I'm going to be late if I don't get moving. Triple grr.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...