Monday, May 24, 2010

Lots of news

Every year the American Society of Clinical Oncology meets at their conference and lots of promising cancer news comes out as a result. I never used to care about this meeting but now I do read the announcements. I guess I'm waiting for the cure. This year is no different. There are a bunch of preliminary announcements out that look promising but none of them apply to me. I'll check back at the end of the week and see if there is anything more interesting.

I do think that this is progress in the cure for cancer but they have been looking for it for a really long time and still haven't found it. Will it be figured out some day? The research looks 'promising' they say... But it has looked 'promising' for a long time.

And the news just flashed a story that people who suffer from allergies are less likely to get cancer. The theory is that when you sneeze you get rid of the cancer cooties. No I'm not making this up. They didn't use the term 'cancer cooties' but something along the lines of 'cancer causing cells' but its early and I didn't catch the whole thing. I'll have to find the rest of the story online. I don't really have any allergies...

Yesterday I had a semi productive day. I mopped the kitchen floor which meant moving all the cat's food dishes around. Then I vacuumed the living room, while the cat hid in the dining room. He was traumatized by my attempt to be a domestic goddess. In an effort to redeem myself, I let him out later in the day so he could go after the other cat in his front yard. He immediately chased him down the block and across the busy street and stopped right in front of an oncoming car which thankfully stopped. But he has proved he has no traffic sense so he will be restricted in his outdoor forays in the future.

I also found a new quote I really like: "There's nothing wrong with you that a couple of prozac and a polo mallet can't cure." Woody Allen.

That's enough news for my tiny brain on this Monday morning. I need to get out of bed and get dressed and do all my (damn) exercises and get to work.

1 comment:

Cancer Treatment said...

I understand that. It all happens as a routine in life nowadays. Thanks for sharing interesting experiences here. Keep posting and do stay in touch.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...