Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Off to see the ankle surgeon

Today I am off to work and then I see the ankle surgeon to find out about scheduling surgery. My ankle is not better. It is not getting better. In fact it is swollen again. Its not going away. The question the doctor had was 'if it was in a state where I can live with it' and the answer is no. I am sick of it.

So today I will find out about scheduling when it can take place. I know it won't be until at least another month because my next back procedure is the 19th and it will have to be at least 2 weeks after that. But it will finally be scheduled and dealt with and I can move on and deal with other ailments. It will be nice to have something get better and go away as opposed to chronic things that just seem to hang on and get worse (like my back) or just never go away (like cancer).

My appointment is at the end of the day so I am going to work first and then after I will go to a meeting. Yesterday, don't tell anyone, but I was 'working from home'. In addition to working, I also went to my therapist, Petco, Bed Bath & Beyond, Costco, the dry cleaners, 5&10, post office, Walgreens, retrieved the cat from my parent's house (his vacation home) and met a friend for a walk. I only worked for about 2 hours total... I might be working a little this weekend as a result.

After being home for two days my back is not happy still. Perhaps its because of everything I did yesterday as well. Maybe I carried a few things as well. Hmmm... Self inflicted I guess. My arm isn't too happy either. I think I need to schedule another visit at the lymphedema clinic but will wait until after I see my surgeon on Friday. But that's an appointment for another day.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...