Thursday, November 1, 2007

Chemo and Halloween

Yesterday chemo went okay. However they were running late so we weren't out of there until after 2pm. Several of the nurses were in costume - army uniforms, a witch, a cat, and a few others. They were also passing out candy and had a Halloween cake. Of course I had a little piece of cake but skipped the candy. Then I took a 2 hour nap as soon as we got home.

We actually had trick or treaters. That is a first here. Its a good thing I bought more candy the other day. We had a whole horde (about 10) kids under age 8 all at once and then a few smaller groups. The little kids all looked great in costume and they were the age where they were out there for the fun, not just candy grabbing!

Unfortunately, I think I was in the mind set of one for them, one for me. I ate too much candy yesterday! That's it no more today! There is a little bit of caffeine in chocolate, so I didn't fall asleep until after midnight. (The caffeine adds up from 10+ pieces.) No candy for me today! I will send our surplus to Walter's reserve duty this weekend.

Off for a walk with a friend this morning (gotta walk off that candy flab) and then work for both jobs later on.

6 down, 6 to go. Now I am halfway through this second chemo drug. On schedule to end mid-December. (Why does that still sound so far away when they already have Christmas stuff out in the stores???)

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...