Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oh, crap

Now I have to rush around. We need to leave in 20 minutes. I have fed the cat, showered and put numbing lotion on my port. I have not gotten dressed, eaten breakfast, read the paper, made the bed, or had enough coffee. Crap, crap, crap. Now I have to rush. Perhaps I procrastinated a tiny bit and now I am running late. Well, would you procrastinate before going to chemo? Yes you would. You wouldn't be looking forward to seeing the scale first thing in the morning showing how fat you are, then they take your blood pressure (and if you are running really late and basically RUN from your car down to the cancer center, your blood pressure will be high), and then they start sticking needles and drugs in you for about 3 hours. Yes you would procrastinate. Don't deny it, I know you would.

Otherwise, after my morning is shot (I mean, I am home from chemo), I will take my drug induced nap, make pies, take a walk, and get a little organized for tomorrow. I don't know much about what we are eating tomorrow. I usually make lots of the food. I am only making pies. I know there will be a turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes with marshmallows (all the nutritional benefits of the sweet potatoes are probably negated by the presence of an entire bag of marshmallows but its a tradition), and then several other mystery vegetables my sister is cooking. I will wait and see.

I am under instructions to arrive at Thanksgiving and not do any cooking. That will take will power. I will sit and talk to relatives and play with my nieces and nephews and otherwise do nothing. Everyone keeps telling me not to over do it. I guess this means I don't need to wash any dishes! Hah! I knew there was a silver lining here.

Damn, now I am really late. 7:06am and still not dressed etc. Eeeekkk! Gotta run!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...