Friday, October 30, 2009

First some humor from my mother:

The American Medical Association has weighed in on the new Healthcare Reform Proposals as follows:

The Allergists voted to scratch it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves. The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

The Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception. Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted. The Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, 'Oh, Grow up!'

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing. The Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow, and the Plastic Surgeons said, "This puts a whole new face on the matter."

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea. The Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and the Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington.
-------------------------
Yesterday was a long day. It started with PT (does your ankle hurt when you do a thousand reps with a 20 lb weight on your foot?) session. Then I came home and attempted to work. I didn't work. I ended up giving up on that idea and doing something good for me which was to go for a walk outside with a friend. It was a very nice day but now I have procrastinated myself into a deadline. Then we have house guest(s) for a couple of days. Since our house was in its usual pristine state, this required a fair amount of cleaning first. And because I dont sleep well these days (regardless of what the doctors tell me when they give me all these pills), I am always in a lovely mood. But one big gold star for getting through the day without eating any Halloween candy!

Today as a result of a semi-sleeping night where I was only up a couple of times, I feel moderately human and am off to a sales meeting where I have presentations and feel mostly unprepared. So I will go for the just wing it style... But then its the weekend!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...