Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Not a profound post

I was going to write a really profound post about alternative treatments but just can't get started this morning.I think its because:

1. Its a rainy, yucky morning. (If all else fails, blame the weather.)

2. When the alarm went off, I went back to sleep. And this messes up my schedule because I have to take one set of pills and wait an hour before eating. Now I have eaten and can take my other pills and am late for work. (But didn't really want to drive in the rain.)

3. I have to do some research on what I want to write about and need more coffee to be coherent. And I got side tracked on the internet - the world's biggest time suck.

4. I am still tired from my weekend of fun and travel. By the time I got home yesterday I needed to sit down for a bit before I could deal with dinner. (And even became a little crabby.) Which is one of the reasons I don't mind the fact that I slept in a little.

5. Its dark and rainy outside (and I am completely blaming the weather).

But now I have showered, eaten, and need to finish getting ready for work. Perhaps tomorrow I will come up with some pearls of wisdom...

But in the meantime, here's a little poem to start your day:

Everything is Wonderful

My face in the mirror
Isn't wrinkled or drawn.
My house isn't dirty,
The cobwebs are gone.

My garden looks lovely
And so does my lawn.
I think I might never
Put my glasses back on.

2 comments:

Cassi Clausen said...

Caroline,

I'd like to contact you about contributing to a new online magazine on the topic of breast cancer. Please email me at: publisher "at" menforacausemagazine "dot" com.

Thanks,
Cassi Clausen

Mostlygrocery said...

Hi there! Hope all is well with you. I stumbled on your blog while reading about breast cancer. Im a grocery clerk and in my store we ask for donations, I never thought about it much while asking for donations and getting the rude and sour treatment but I did it because it is required to do so. Until yesterday a lady came into my line and she told me she was a survivor and it changed me, something triggered, i will now ask not because it was required to do so but because I want to contribute to making a difference and I want to.
-paul
www.mostlygrocery.com

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...