Monday, September 23, 2013

Things with a cure

The CDC recently warned of these new germs that are resistant to treatment - the superbugs as they are called. They are out there and killing more and more of us as they resist most treatments. While the pictures of them are pretty cool, the germs themselves are not.
There are other ailments with out a cure. I have a few:

Fibromyalgia
Rheumatoid
Degenerating disks

There are lots of others that I don't have for which I am grateful.

They have treatments to ease the symptoms but not cures. Medical research is needed for these nasty germs and the incurable ailments.

Perhaps I am feeling a little down this morning because when I got out of bed everything hurt. So I am going with plan B - stay in bed until the pain meds kick in. The cat is hanging out with me and the TV is on in the background so I am as comfy as I can get.

But if you don't have these you don't understand. Today I feel like crap. I have plans and will do my best to get through them. But the problem is I know that every day can be like this for the rest of my life. Its pretty damn depressing.

I may sneer at medical studies (because we always need more research) but we really do need the research. There are lots of ailments that do not have cures. And we have these new treatment resistant germs that pop up and kill people. Never mind the bird flus and all the other new ailments.

I think I need a vacation. Oh that's right I am on vacation.... Off to have fun and not be depressing....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello. I found you by doing a search. My mother was diagnosed about a month ago with triple negative stage 4 breast cancer. I have started a go fund me account to try and raise money for her bills and house payments since she can not work much. I was wondering if you have any advice or suggestions on how I can get it out there for people to know and see if I can get any help. If you wish to see it before giving some advice it is at www.gofundme.com/4d6v6k any suggestions will help. Thank you,
Laurie

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...