Sunday, April 12, 2015

Catching up on sleep and rest

Today my goal is to catch up on sleep and rest. Friday I got stupid and got up early to go to the gym so I get my nails done after and not have to worry about messing up my nails by going to the gym later.

Yesterday our cat, who has been losing way too much weight, started waking me up about 330am because he was hungry. I actually got up at 545am and made him cat food (pureed canned salmon in the food processor) and fed him. (He's 20 years old and blind, deaf and can't smell) Then I gardened, did a bunch of other stuff, met my family for dinner, and stayed up until midnight. What was I thinking? It felt like a good idea at the time. My husband let me sleep late, which was only 8am and he got up and fed the cat.

Its 11am and I am still in bed. I got up and got the paper, coffee and ate some bacon my husband cooked. I am contemplating taking a shower in the near future but it may take me another couple of hours. Tonight I will go to bed early and not stay up until midnight.

My life is a fibromyalgia commercial.
Which consists of body pain, fatigue and insomnia. Combine all those and you can figure out why I need my sleep and rest. Staying up late and getting up to early are not good for me.  And catching up on sleep and rest takes a few days. But I have to go to work tomorrow morning. Damn.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...