Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring has sprung

In the land of eternal winter, also know as metropolitan Boston where we got at least 9 feet of snow in six weeks, it looks like spring has finally sprung. I spent the weekend wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals. I didn't get a sun burn but it was nice to be outside enjoying the sunshine. But winter is not completely gone, we still have  snow drifts. Yes they are getting smaller and fewer but they are still found wherever large piles of snow were dumped in a shady area.

Today is opening day at Fenway Park and the Boston Marathon is a week away. Snow drifts have never been an issue at either event, until this year. The snow is gone from Fenway but I am not so sure about the length of the marathon route.

This was our house March 26, 2015.
You can see we still had glaciers. The last glacier in the backyard finally melted last week. But there are now signs below of spring. Crocus and miniature hyacinths.
 And a single little iris hiding behind the lavender.
Then yesterday I got some pansies to add for some more color but have to wait a bit to plant them.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...