Friday, April 24, 2015

One hell of a day

I finally got some sleep last night and felt better. Until I decided to be normal.

I got up and puttered around. Then I realized I could sit on my a$$ for a couple of hours before meeting a friend at 11. So I raced through the gym and had a fairly good workout for once. I left the gym and met my friend - actually my old boss form the late 1980s. We had lunch and left the diner. Then my day went downhill.

I realized halfway to my car that I didn't have my phone. My wonderful smart phone that has my whole life on it was missing.  I know I had my phone at lunch because I had to charge it in the restaurant, because the battery was at 4%, at the outlet under our table.

But I didn't have it. I went back to the restaurant and it wasn't there. We looked. The waitress, who I know from all the years we have been going there, helped me look. She even got the cook to get down on his hands and knees and look under the radiator. We gave up.

I left and thought maybe my friend picked up my phone by mistake, but I really didn't think she did. I returned my books at the library and drove home, when a little thought occurred to me. I can find my phone online. I logged in and it said the phone was still at the diner.

I called them and said I would come back with a flashlight so we could look under the radiators. We still couldn't find it. An older woman asked if we could find her bottle of pills that she had dropped at home.  We still couldn't find it.

I went back home and looked online again and it showed that it was still at the diner. I knew it wasn't in the diner. But I thought maybe I dropped it outside instead and there was this big van parked nearby - maybe it was underneath.

So I went back again (its only 1/4 mile from home) and parked across the street. I looked in the gutter, I tried to look under cars. Then I got the idea that maybe someone turned it into to a nearby store. Presto, it was in the third store I went to. It was very stressful.

Then I finally ran some errands and came home to relax. I do not need any more stress at all. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. I will relax. Some day.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

So glad you found it! Now you can relax. Relax.

Anonymous said...

When my husband lost his phone on the sidewalk, some teenagers found it and called us to tell us they had it. A meeting place & time was arranged, and all was well.

When I left my phone at Trader Joe's, I had to do what you did, retrace my footsteps from store to store.

Why aren't adults as resourceful as those teens? How hard can it be to turn the phone on and look through the contact list for something like "Home" or "ICE" or "Mom"?

Ohio Mom

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...