Friday, June 19, 2015

Doctor chasing

This is always a pain. You need to talk to your doctor. You contact them, they call you back and leave an ambiguous message that doesn't allay your concerns and requires further conversation. You call back and they are gone for the day. You try again the next day and talk to their office. They call back and you miss the call because you can't take the call at that nano-second because your life does not revolve around the phone. And it continues.

Finally you resolve to tether yourself to your phone, and not talk to anyone else in case the doctor calls back. Eventually you find our you are not going to drop dead but need another test or follow up so you can continue the process all over again.

Well, that's not exactly what is going on but close. I'm still waiting to call the doctor back again and am in mid-chase. My goal is to make contact today because I want an answer before the weekend. But I have meetings and am traveling.

I just want an answer. Why? Because I can be whiny and hate waiting for medical information.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Doctor chasing while in pain can be quite tough.Newton@Kenyatta University School of Medicine

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why somebody in the office can't just give you a timeframe for a callback. If the receptionist would tell me that the doctor makes patient calls between noon and 1 or 5 and 6, then I could arrange to be at my phone, or tell them to have her wait until tomorrow when I can be at the phone. It would be so much less stressful for me as the patient and so much less time wasted by the doc.

Caroline said...

And I called the doctor back and he called me. And I am all set. No problems. Yippee!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...