Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Medical School

Although I was designated the office doctor last week, I am now going to medical school. It started yesterday and continues for the next 7 weeks. Someone referred me to it a while back and I registered at canvas.net and now it starts.

I was traveling yesterday so I haven't had a chance to start my first class on Anatomy and Physiology. It should take me an hour or so each week. I am looking forward to it. The other courses are a second week in Anatomy and Physiology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Immune System, Infectious Disease, Neuroscience and (my favorite) Cancer Biology before finishing up.

Why am I adding to my busy schedule with mini-medical school? Because I hope it will help me understand my body and why it keeps on having so many issues. I figure I am a prime candidate to learn about medicine as I seem to have a lot of interaction with the medical profession.

What I really want is a cure for all that ails me but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. But in the meantime, I can be smarter.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...