Thursday, January 26, 2017

I See Potential

I finally met with my new pain management doctor. I liked him. He actually read my whole file (or at least the most recent relevant parts - the entire thing is probably close to the size of the complete Proust) before seeing me. Then he listened to what I had to say. Asked questions. Appreciated my seriousness - I was actually taking notes - and that I go to the gym. I think I am happy

He did tweak some medications but asked me what I thought about it instead of just saying 'up that dose' or 'here's more pills'. I am going to have injections in my back in a couple of weeks and follow up after that.

There is such a difference when a doctor listens to what you have to say, discusses things with you, and seems like he really wants to make you feel better. The moral here is find a new doctor if you don't like your current one.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...