Friday, August 10, 2007

Food issues

Here's a good way to take the fun out of life. Make your favorite foods not interesting and also go on a limited diet. First I am not supposed to have spicy, tangy, vinegary, sharp, acidic, zesty foods. Just say 'mouth sores'. So that just eliminated spicy anything, tomatoes, citrus fruits were noted, pickles, etc. As well as the spicy coleslaw I made and ate by mistake. I think I can also skip the sauerkraut I have. I bought some Jujubes and they hurt my mouth too! Also, the idea of seafood has lost all its appeal. I have no desire to eat clams, scallops, shrimp, lobster, etc. Then cut out all alcohol and most caffeine. BORING!

However, home made mac and cheese was yummy, as was ice cream from (Kimball Farms at) Bates (It will always be Bates to me.), and quiche. Ice cream was great. Then we broke our ice cream scoop - cheap plastic handle+really hard ice cream from the freezer=broken handle! Yes I bought a new one but we suffered for a couple days! I will have to find some more things I like to eat. Its not that anything tastes bad but that a lot of things just don't appeal to me.... The fridge is getting pretty empty. Walter will figure this out soon and start asking for variety in what he eats. This could be tough.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...