Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Upcoming documentary

If you want an idea of what cancer can do to you and how keeping a positive attitude is so important, take a look at www.crazysexycancer.com. It will be on TLC on 8/29. Go check out the trailer.

Today is the day before my second chemo treatment. As you readers know, I had lots of fun with side effects: 4 days of nausea and naps; 5 days of feeling crappy (that technical term again) but not feeling nauseous, just like I was run over by a truck (perhaps running a fever will do that); and then 4 days of almost feeling normal for periods of time. I wonder how the next two weeks will go. Hair loss, chemo induced menopause with all the side effects, mouth sores, fevers? Who knows?

A chemo treatment isn't just one little doctor's visit. Today I get to have blood tests. Tomorrow we have to be at Lahey at 730 AM for a doctor's appointment and then the chemo IV for an hour and a half. Then I go back to Lahey on Thursday for a follow up shot to prevent my blood counts from tanking. Three days in a row of Lahey and needles. I am sure OMWAHs will be lurking as well...

The important thing for any event is to have the right outfit for it. I bought myself a special shirt to wear to my chemo treatments. (Okay, maybe I'll iron today). Maybe some photography classes would be helpful too.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...