Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Further confirmation

Way back on June 26, I noted that I had visited the Marble Museum in Procter, VT and apparently missed the highlight of the place - the restroom. Well, today I have further confirmation as reported in the news is that the Marble Museum is owner of the fourth best restroom in the US. The others in the top five are: Jungle Jim's International Market, Fairfield, Ohio; Catch 31, Virginia Beach, Va., Mix Lounge at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nev., and Fandangles', Flushing, Mich. Further evidence multiple road trips are warranted. Now, I do hope these live up to my expectations and can say I have definitely seen some very scary public toilets in my time - both outside and inside the US.

The most off beat facility I have ever seen is the two seater outhouse on the Appalachian Trail on the way up Saddleback which features a cribbage board between the two seats. We did ask the ranger about it, and he said 'why not?'

I did take my walk today and my bruises are now a lovely shade of yellow/green.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...