Thursday, October 11, 2007

Off to see the wizard

No that's wrong. Off to see the surgeon for the three month post surgical follow up. I can't believe its been three months since my second surgery. Maybe I will get the okay to go to the gym and start doing upper body workouts. Those have been off the list for a long time! My arms are flabby.

Then more chemo. What fun. Anyhow, there was an article on the news this morning about how the latest studies show Taxol, the chemo drug I am getting now, is not effective for women who are Her2 receptor negative, which includes me. However it also says that doctors are reluctant to stop it at this point. You can read the article at http://www.thebostonchannel.com/health/14313392/detail.html. I wish they would stop changing their minds on this. It is very difficult. This is good, no its bad, no its good, no its bad, no its good, bad, good, bad, good, bad. (its like one of those very mature arguments from childhood- am not, are so, am not, are so, am not, are so.....). Grrr... I know medical treatment is changing all the time but these changes also make it more difficult to be a patient patient.

Lets see if my port hurts as much again.... The highlight (NOT) of my day.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...