Friday, October 31, 2008

Avoidance Day #5

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I heard a sliding closet door open. I couldn't figure that out because the only sliding closet door we have is in the basement and our bedroom is on the other side of the house, two floors up. Then I realized it was the cat SNORING. He is so subtle. Now that winter is approaching, he likes to sleep on the bed with his head on the pillows, between us, under the blankets. Then he starts to snore. Or do his weird purr/snore combination. But he's comfy so I guess its supposed to be okay.

Yes, the weather is now clearly leaning more towards winter. Today its a tropical 29 degrees or something. They claim that it will warm up to mid to upper fifties later on and that all the little trick or treaters will be able to enjoy the warm temperatures. I will believe that when I see it. Right now, its too cold to go for a walk. And I plan on walking later with a friend. (So I don't have to go out until it warms up.)

I think it was Mark Twain who wrote 'if you don't like the weather in New England, wait a few minutes'. Generally I do think that is true. We can have some very changeable weather. Therefore around here we can always talk about the weather. But I don't find that much to say about it this morning. So maybe its a lame avoidance topic. I'll try to be more interesting tomorrow.

Yesterday I worked from home and went to work. I also snuck in my little walk. (I have a separate winter walking wardrobe of many layers - mostly polartec). Today I am working from home and either will meet a friend for a walk or just go by myself. My big project today is to get ready for trick or treaters.

I really have to get some work done today. I feel a little behind. So maybe you can just call me a little slow...

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...