Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Now its time to get a life

Yesterday my doctor pointed out that I seem to be running out of things wrong with me - for a change. Its about time - DO YA' THINK? She said I can go back to annual physicals instead of 3 month follow ups with her. So I should come back in April. Well, the way I count April is six months from now, not 12 months or one year. But I guess you learn new ways to count when you go to medical school so annual can mean six months. Once again, I am the mere patient.

I do have one little pesky issue that seems to have resurfaced that will require a call to the doctors office (just think of it as the one where my butt hurts and the nasty doctors look where you don't want them to). But this should be minor and not related to nasty diagnoses.

Anyhow, that means today I have an eye doctor apt, next week the surgeon, three weeks from now the oncologist and then I dont have a doctors appointment until DECEMBER! I mean now I dont have to go to the doctor for about six weeks. What to do with my time? I could work more - but that's not really fun. I guess it means I will have to get a life of all things.

In the meantime, today I am very busy (but not sure if I have a life). Walk, work, eye doctor, work, manicure, work, meeting, and out for dinner. We are having pizza for dinner. I have not had pizza since sometime last spring. I am having withdrawal. We are going to a local place and I am going to order my own small pizza with the toppings I like. Walter can get his own too. Then I get left overs for lunch tomorrow as well. Yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey caroline, glad to hear everything is going along pretty well. On the nasty but issues...no way to say this in a delicate way, so forgive me. Since I have had chemo, the po is toxic, which causes fussures (sp) bleeding and itching from that area when one does go po. Their is a product called Tucks that you can use as a last wipe...it helps alot. My Dr. says expect this to go on for at least two years, while the body gets back to normal. It also help to take baths instead of showers, to soak the tender area...hope that helps...Sheila aka crackers

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline - A suggestion for your newly free time - work just a little bit more, then spend your extra time and money shopping for Christmas presents for your beloved friends! LOL

AnneeO

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...