Sunday, October 12, 2008

The numbers are adding up

The numbers are definitely adding up. I didn't realize it but yesterday was my 500th blog post! Wow! And there are still people reading it.

Another milestone, earlier this month I reached over 1000 miles in driving to my 73 doctor appointments to date this year. I keep track of this as it is deductible in our taxes (I don't know all the details, I just give the information to our tax guy and he figures it out for me...) considering its a 13.5 mile round trip to the doctors I usually go to, that's a lot of trips.

But the real number of the day is that there are now pop tarts which are whole grain and give you 20% of your daily fiber in a serving. I didn't think pop tarts had any nutritional value outside of the sugar food group. (I just want to clarify, I don't think I have eaten a pop tart since college and have no plans to try to eat these nutritional ones. I am sure they now taste like cardboard with sugar on top.)What next? Will they add fiber to twinkies? How mouthwatering.

Yesterday I attempted to plant bulbs. Unfortunately I only got about 25 planted before I got tired. Later today Walter can do the digging. I think I have about 100 to go. I also went for a walk and went out to lunch for a friend and did a little shopping.

Today our big adventure is a bike ride. We are going to attempt to ride our bikes out the bike path. We live right near the bike path. We never ride on it. We walk on it. But for a change, we think we should actually use it as a bike path. Actually, we had fun biking in Maine so we want to go again. Then because we will have burned up so many calories, we will get to go to the diner for breakfast. This is all assuming that biking is not a bad thing to do after surgery.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Whole grain Pop Tarts? Get out!

Congrats on your 500th post. And you have way more stamina and energy than most people going through similar health problems (including me). Give yourself some credit! :-)

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...