Monday, October 6, 2008

Is there no justice in the world?


I just went a way for the weekend up to the mountains to see the foliage with a bunch of friends. (And there is snow in them thar hills too!)I was thinking Monday will be a good day because I get to go get my damn steri strips off at the surgeon's office.

Then, I get home yesterday, and read a little bit of the paper. I usually glance at Parade Magazine and what is on the cover? An article about scarless surgery. As my body is getting that patchwork quilt effect - enhanced my surgeries with multiple incisions - I was intrigued. Guess what? There is a new surgical technique being developed for gall bladder surgery where they use existing bodily openings for surgery instead of making incisions. It is still under development but looks very promising. Why couldn't my gall bladder have cooperated for another few years while this is finalized and then I wouldn't have my latest set of steri strips??? Why, why, why? And, why did they choose to publish this AFTER my surgery when it is too late for me!

I would like to point out that this is just another reason not to believe anything the media picks up on for medical issues and techniques. For all I know, this technique may not be appropriate for me. Blah, blah, blah. I am not a doctor. I dont know. Wah! Life is so unfair! Okay, enough whining.

While I did have a really fun weekend away (what happens at the cabin, stays at the cabin), now its back to reality. I have so much work to do this week. I will be very busy. Fall is now here. How do I know this? Because it is something like 48 degrees this morning which means my walk will be cold. Actually there are frost warnings for not too far from here as well. This means time to take apart the garden, etc. So in addition to work (where I get paid) I have to do gardening stuff and I have to do it and not lift over 10 lbs. Hmmmm... This could be interesting as my container garden plants are kind of big and heavy. I'll worry about that later this week I think.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...