Friday, October 17, 2008

Guacamole

Last night, we used the excuse of a friend visiting from a Mexican food deprived portion of the country to go out to dinner. They have the best homemade guacamole. Its yummy! I haven't had any Mexican food or guacamole since last spring some time. Yum, yum, yum. I also had a quesadilla which was way better than the ones I make.

I suppose I should keep you informed. Four weeks from surgery and I am not in pain unless I pick up something heavy, squish my stomach, or the cat stands on my incisions. (I am working on this but he likes to sit on my lap with his delicate 15 lbs...) I am sometimes uncomfortable - but only when I try to lie on my right side (my former gall bladder speaks up), my stomach (ditto), and my left side (my hip).

Otherwise, I am fine and comfy but that means I am sleeping on my back mostly which I hate. If I wake up in the middle of the night, it can be hard to get back to sleep. (Like last night I was up at 2:30 and stayed awake because I couldn't get comfy. Maybe today I will be crabby. But that's a bad idea because I am supposed to go be social today.

Lots of plans for today and tomorrow. This morning we will go for a walk (visiting friend also likes big walks) but we will bring cameras and take pictures of the foliage because it is very good this year. Then we will both do work, go into Boston to visit her son so she can be a good mother, back out here for dinner out, and then deliver her son back into Boston. Somewhere in there we will walk all over the place and take the subway everywhere we don't walk.

Tomorrow, we get to go to the beach. I haven't been in over a month. I am having withdrawal. I may also get to have fried clams. Some day soon I will stop eating all this crap and return to my normal healthy ways. Its sort of rebound from the fat free gall bladder life style for now.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...