Friday, November 28, 2008

Don't do it - its another avoidance day

Today is a day of avoidance again - but this time of your scale. Do not weigh yourself (unless you are trying to gain weight). Face it, you probably ate more than you normally would yesterday and today the scale will tell you how much you ate. You don't want to know so just avoid the scale. If you want to weigh yourself, step on the scale and mentally subtract three pounds from what it says.

Yesterday was a bit chaotic but fun. We went for our early morning walk and my brother and his family descended on us about ten minutes after we returned home. Chaos ensued. Our house got very messy but that is to be expected with (four little and two big) kids around. We did go to the park (a/k/a the land of the giant slides) before heading to my parents for more chaos and more people (and a large dog). 15 people and one large dog does not make for quiet times. But it was fun and good to see everyone. We also went for another walk, which meant two walks in one day. Then we drove one guest home to Boston. By the time we got home, I was exhausted and went to bed early. I admit I was in bed by 730pm and asleep.

Today I will do slightly less - possibly significantly less - and definitely eat healthier. I see many vegetables in my future today. I think its also avoidance of shopping today. I am having a big debate with myself - my new glasses are ready for pick up but I really don't want to go to Costco today but I really want my new glasses. Hmmm... Maybe I'll wait until this afternoon and see how busy things really are. But we will get together for family stuff today, at some point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There still is hope for cancer:
http://forums.cancer.vc/

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...