Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas vacation


Yesterday we celebrated and early Christmas and opened our gifts to each other. This t-shirt is proof that my husband really does understand me. He also got me cashmere sweaters. (It is impossible to own too many cashmere sweaters.)

Today we are heading off to California for Christmas with Walter's family. Then when we come back, we will have yet another Christmas with my family. This sounds like a good idea - travel for Christmas and you get to have three holidays instead of one? Well, sure, no problem. Unless there is a snow storm due for the day you are trying to fly out. This is the weather forecast for today:

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON. THIS WARNING COVERS WESTERN AND CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS AND SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE.

STORM TOTALS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY THIS EVENING.

And the winds are supposed to gust to 40-50 mph. We are leaving for the airport early because it is already snowing, bringing the newspaper, and planning on having lunch there. We may have more meals there depending on how long we get delayed.

Yesterday Walter shoveled snow and I supervised. I also made a pot of 'use up everything left in the refrigerator soup'. It has leeks, cabbage, onions, garlic, and pasta in it. I then froze it so it will be waiting for us when we get back.

In addition to being on vacation from the cat, we will be on vacation from the computer so I may not be updating for a few days. But I will post again once we return. Probably with lots of pictures as well.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...