Thursday, December 4, 2008

What is wrong with this picture?

So yesterday's big adventure was to go get a new license plate at the registry of motor vehicles. I forgot to write down where it was so I did a little 'exploring' to get there. Upon arrival, I got a parking spot right out front and went in to the reception desk (not the concierge). The woman in front of me was just finishing.

When it was my turn, I said 'I need a new license plate'. She gave me a number and I walked over to the benches to sit down. Before I got to the benches, my number was called. I went up to the counter asked for a new plate, the guy had to go get one out back, and then I was out of there. (He was even relatively polite but not much of a sense of humor.) I think it took me longer to undo the old plate and rebolt on the new plates than it took me to get in and out of there.

What is wrong with this picture? Polite state employees and I didn't have a chance to read my book. This is even after recent budget cuts had reduced the number of hours the registry was open so I assumed a wait. Nice things can happen at state offices. (And there were no OMWAHs there.)

After that easy little trip, I decided to take a side trip to Target and run some errands. This of course made me late for work. And as I was driving to work, I did get stuck behind an OMWAH.

Today I have to work from home, go for a walk, and then go to work. How different is that than any other day? Not much. I am boring.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...