Wednesday, December 3, 2008


Yesterday I went to get my car inspected. It was REJECTED!!! I should have suspected it. Last week, Walter went to take it to be inspected and they said it wouldn't pass, messed with something and said drive it 100 miles to reset all the computers and it should pass. But your license plate is too old so you need to get a new one as well. I thought he just went to a picky garage for the inspection and yesterday I went to one that I had been to before after we made a point of driving more than 100 miles.

I was rejected because I need a new license plate and someone messed with something (disconnected the battery or something) and now I need to drive 300 miles to reset the computers. Today, I am going to resort to plan B and call the dealer to schedule and oil change and ask them to check it out. In the meantime, I have a big fat "R" sticker on my car. (And Walter got to say 'I told you so' which was the high point of his week.)

However, today the highlight of my day will be going to the registry of motor vehicles. I don't care what state or country you live in, it is the same everywhere. It is a government office where I will get to go stand in line and then deal with 'qualified professionals'. (Perhaps it is time to swipe the cancer card - I have cancer I can't stand in line for ever.) Actually they are a little more humane these days. You check in (after standing in line) at the concierge desk where they give you a number. Then you get to go sit on a bench and wait to be called. Needless to say, I will bring a big fat book. I can also check the wait times online before I go. It will be a quality use of my time. I am also making the assumption that I will deal with 'qualified professionals' there. I will report back tomorrow on my adventures. Perhaps there will be OMWAHs as well.

Otherwise today is not very exciting. I am going to go for a walk, out to lunch with a friend, drop some clothes off at the consignment store, and go to work. I am tired today. I worked last night which I am not used to. I will also work tomorrow night. I can do this. I can work more hours this week. However, the cat is concerned I am not home enough to keep up his intake of kitty treats. He is most upset.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...