Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Conversations

Me: Where you last night?
Cat: Licks paw.

Me: How did you get out?
Cat: Blank stare.

Me: What did you do outside all night?
Cat: Closes eyes.

Me: Don't you know its dangerous for you to be outside?
Cat: Looks at floor.

Me: Do you have any idea how worried we were about you?
Cat: Inspects toes and washes ear.

Me: Weren't you scared outside?
Cat: Walks away.

Talk about an exercise in futility. All he wanted when he came back in was food. He was no where to be found inside yesterday morning but when Walter opened the dining room window, there he was outside. We have no idea how he got out but either:

a) a burglar broke in and let him out and took nothing else (they could have tidied up the living room while they were here - that would have been helpful)
b) he has learned how to open doors (and close them behind him - but he will probably never learn to close a door).
c) he was in the front entry when we went up to bed and he just pushed open the storm door (learned through the chipmunk incident last summer).

C is the most likely option.

Another exercise in futility was going to the doctor yesterday. Well maybe not futility, but frustration. It was a follow up for the mystery rash with the dermatologist. After rushing over there, I find she is running 30 minutes late officially, which meant 1 hour late unofficially. I saw the LPN for a couple minutes and the doctor for about 30 seconds. The consensus was I have sensitive and dry skin. Try the really strong prescription stuff she had given me on all irritated areas for no more than a week at a time. Use lots of moisturizer all the time and moisturize when skin is dripping wet. Even though Dove is a really good soap for dry skin, maybe switch to Oil of Olay body wash.

However, I didn't get any follow up appointments. But they don't know what causes my skin irritations and rash either. So I guess it was good I have no more appointments but it would be nice to know what I have.

Today I have opted to work inside in air conditioning and am saving my errands for tomorrow's promised lower temperatures and lower humidity. I will get out for a walk this morning as well. If I go early before it gets too hot (temperatures expected mid-90's again with high humidity), its not too bad. I really have to get organized for vacation - but its been too hot to think. I guess I will procrastinate for another day or two.

My steristrips itch. Grrr!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...