Monday, June 16, 2008

Vacation is very tiring

Friday we drove to Rochester, NY. Or I should say Walter did most of the driving and I was a mere passenger. Saturday we went to a kids and trucks show, played miniature golf, and went to my niece's soccer game. Sunday we played more miniature golf, went on a boat ride through a lock in the Erie canal (very cool), and went out to dinner. We also played scrabble. The current statistics are Walter and I are now 1-1-1 (I won once, he won once, and we tied once). However it is still early in the season. On the other hand, we played scrabble with my brother and were basically destroyed at that. (My sister in law, the wise woman that she is, made the intelligent choice not to play scrabble.) We did have fun.

Perhaps the tiring part is we were trying to keep up with 4 children - 10, 9, 6, and 3 1/2. Nothing to do with recovering from treatment or anything. It was lots of fun!

I am home for about 18 hours with just enough time to unpack, do laundry, repack, feed the cat, and look at mail. Then I fly off for the rest of my vacation and hopefully recover from the first half. The cat is mad at us for leaving him for so long. He had plenty of food. In fact he left a nice pile of it on the carry on bag I was going to take with me tomorrow... I will find another bag!

Now I can't procrastinate because I have to get ready. Stupid me needs to be at the airport at 6:15 AM!!!!!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...