Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Eeek!

Its bathing suit season. Now last year I was exempt from bathing suit season because of surgeries and chemo. This year it has returned for me. But now I have more scars! Unless I start wearing a wet suit they will be exposed. And the entire area that was radiated now turns bright red if I go into the sun - even if I am dressed. What's wrong with that? Its a giant rectangle of redness from my neck down to my stomach and halfway across my chest. Not exactly a subtle reminder. Apparently this shall eventually pass. But it might take a few years.

In addition, my stomach isn't any flatter than it was two years ago. That is when my then four year old niece, upon seeing me in my bathing suit, said that it looks like I was growing out of my suit and I should get a new bigger one.

I am going on vacation and will be out in public possibly in a bathing suit. Either I can get a wet suit, warn the crowds not to look, or find a miracle diet that will make me thinner in the next 48 hours. Hmmm... None of these look like very good options do they?

Well in addition to bathing suit season, its also baby duck season. I took my camera with me when I went for a walk yesterday and saw two. (I wonder if they know they are living in the same pond as the giant snapping turtle.) Normally, if I take my camera, it means I will see no wildlife but apparently yesterday was an exception.

Today I have lots and lots to do. I have to do some work, meet my mother, run errands, get my nails done, start packing for vacation, meet friends for a walk, call the doctors office to confirm my appointment, and I can't even remember the list. It would help if I could find my list that I wrote down so I wouldn't forget.

But yes I really, really, really, really am going on vacation. We are going to visit family for a long weekend and then I am flying to Minnesota to visit a friend who has borrowed a house on a lake (there are 10,000 lakes there so its nice to know we could squish in on a tiny corner of one of them). Ten days of travel. I have to pack for both trips separately. I have to get organized - now that's a challenge for my little chemo brain.

My steristrips still itch. I can confirm they will fall off while I am on vacation.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...