Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fashion sense and flying

Yesterday I flew from Boston to Minneapolis via Atlanta. Okay, so it is kind of the long way but I am convinced you can get anywhere in the world through the Atlanta airport. I also got to take a nice walk in Atlanta. According to my itinerary my flight was due to leave out of gate D3. I walked all the way down D terminal to find out that it was really leaving from gate C2. Then I walked over to C terminal and found the right gate. I took another stroll through the terminal to get something to eat that was not fried. The further south you are, the more fried food options there seem to be. After perusing all my options, I found a salad with grilled chicken on it. It also included olives and shredded cheese. The only dressing options were full fat. Very difficult to eat healthy in some places.

All this wandering around gave me ample opportunity to look at the fashionistas I was travelling with. First of all, if you are going to have to take your shoes off at screening, don't you want to wear socks? I mean how many other people have walked there barefoot? When was the last time they shampooed that rug? Clothing that includes lots of extra zippers for decoration will probably result in a body search, or atleast personal screening. I also don't consider the following good choices for travel: pajamas, ripped sweat pants, big metal barrettes, or shower shoes. There was a couple on one of my flights where the husband accompanied his burqa claid wife while carrying a copy of the Koran. Personally I don't have a problem with the religion or the attire but I am not so sure how comfortable others may be.

All in all, it wasn't a bad flight. Lots of turbulence on the second flight. Air Tran now features XM satellite radio so I got to listen to the music of the 70s and decided it made me feel old. My friends did pick me up but there was a little confusion as to which terminal I was at. There is a minor possibility I over did it a teeny, tiny bit yesterday...

This morning we went for a walk and then we are off to go up north for a few days. In to the woods. Possibly fishing. But that would involve worms and other yucky things like cleaning fish... We aren't sure. We could just be lazy. After all, it is vacation.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...