Saturday, June 7, 2008

A day of technological snafus

Yesterday was a good day with my good results. But it was a day full of technological snafus. As I said, it started with no internet access. Then I was supposed to have a work call at 9 am. The doctor's office called at 9 am and during that 3 minute phone call my work call came in and went straight to voice mail. Then some mysterious person called my cell phone and didn't leave a message - I hate that. I think its a Lahey clinic phone number but they changed their phone system a few years back and the old number, if any number at all, shows up in caller ID, so you don't know what number to call back. Then the surgeon's office called to reschedule my follow up.

I also am on an email list where I receive messages in digest format. for some reason yesterday, I missed some digests. This leads me to ask did I miss other email messages - like the important work related ones I am waiting for? Grrr... Technology and me. Grr, grr, grr.

Speaking of technology. I once again failed to record my favorite show on the first try this week. I set up the VCR on Tuesday night for Wednesday night's show. Well, I thought I did. On Wednesday, it wasn't set up to tape anything so I had to reset it. You would think I was trying to go to the moon or something with the number of tries it takes me. Anyhow, this week is the last episode of the season so maybe I can learn new skills over the summer. In the meantime, I am blaming chemo brain.

Today the big plans are to go sailing we hope. The big news, well the other big news, is that my peony is finally about to bloom. Only 3 years later. I will post pictures (of course). Yet even more big news is that I got my hair cut again. What is so news worthy about this is that it seems that more of the gray hair was trimmed off. Its still curly and somewhat resembles a sheep's butt, but has some style now as well.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...