Thursday, September 18, 2008

Speeding through vacation

We went on a great five day mini vacation to Acadia National Park in ME. We drove up Friday - 6 hours - and checked into our cozy B&B. Saturday was Walter's birthday and he wanted to see the sunrise on the top of Cadillac Mountain (supposedly where the sun first hits the US). We drove up in the fog and it was dark for a long time, we were lost, had no idea where to look, and then it got light and we could safely drive down the mountain. We then played mini golf (he won), went to a brew pub for lunch, and Jordan pond for popovers and out for a nice dinner.

Sunday we walked on the carriage roads and then it rained so we went shopping and we played scrabble (I won twice). Monday was a beautiful day after a little mist in the morning. We went to Sand Beach and Thunderhole and climbed a mountain (never hike a trail with the word 'cliffs' in the name) then we walked out the sand bar to Bar Island. Tuesday was another beautiful day so we got up early and drove up to the top of Cadillac mountain and saw the sun rise for real. Then we rented bicycles and biked all over the carriage roads. Later we played another game of minigolf (Walter won).

Yesterday we drove home. For some reason, we were both really tired last night. Hmmm... I wonder why?

Today' its back to reality - unpacking, laundry, grocery store, prep for surgery tomorrow, and celebrating my birthday. To do that I get to go for a walk, go to the grocery store, pick up the cat from his vacation at my parents, call the hospital to confirm the time, and cook some food so we have leftovers for the weekend.

PS Never, ever, ever weigh yourself the day you return from vacation....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Your mini-vacation sounds glorious. Maine is a very beautiful spot on earth, in my opinion. and Happy Birthday!! See you next week. Robin
(PS everything is calm and boring at work.)

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...