Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Those important days

Tomorrow is September 11. I think it is one of those days when all Americans know where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Its hard to believe its been seven years. We all have those days in our life when you will never forget what happened that day. Where was I when I was told I had cancer - its been 15 and a half months or 27 years and 1 month.

It is important to mark these days but not to dwell on them. The terrorists tried to take over our country on September 11 but we should not succumb to their wishes and hide in fear. We need to go out and live our lives and prove that we will not hide. I also need to live my life and not hide from my medical issues and go out and enjoy myself. The bad things in life happen and we can't forget them. But we can't let them dominate us.

Too many deep thoughts before coffee. That's enough serious stuff. Today is a beautiful day. We need to get ready to go on vacation. But first I have lots of work today and we have to pack up kitty to go to his vacation spot (my parents) in stealth mode. If he realizes we are packing up his stuff and he is going in a car, he will hide. He is such a weinie. Yesterday he was scared of the thunderstorms. But now off for my morning walk.

(Also, I'm not typing any more because I keep making mistakes because I have a bandaid on my finger...)

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...