Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The waiting game

The economy is now down the tubes (thank you to our legislators) but the one glimmer of good news on the horizon is that there are only 35 days until election day and all this will be behind us. For the next 5 weeks we will be assaulted by political ads, harassed by phone calls - vote for me! - and besieged by sound bites - my opponent is a loser. So as we wait for the next five weeks, there is always humor to get us by. No matter who you are leaning towards (and I don't really care who you vote for as long as you vote - if you don't vote, don't whine about our political leadership), I think you will enjoy the latest from SNL on the Republican veep candidate.


Another number: only six more days until I go back to the surgeon to have my evil little steri strips removed. In the meantime, they are starting to lift up around the edges and itch. Grrr!

In the meantime I get to continue to go to the doctor. Today I see my primary care. I have my list of questions, my list of medical stuff, my list of medications, and a book to read while I wait for her.

Yesterday was a really busy day for me. I hope today is slightly less busy so I can get some work done when I am done sitting around Lahey Clinic.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...