Sunday, November 7, 2010

If you are reading this, its too late.

The best way to deal with changing the daylight savings time thingy is to stay in bed so if you a reading this its too late for you. Well, in our house, we need to explain to the cat about things like weekends and time changes etc. He thinks the world revolves around him and his biological needs for things like food, water, and attention (and don't step in his gift he left on the hall carpet outside the bedroom door) so at 430 am (old time) he began his morning wake-up-the-humans routine.

I don't even know if we are on day light savings time or regular (standard) time. All I know is I will be sleep deprived for a few days and will wonder which clocks and watches I reset. Except the basement clock I never reset - its just wrong half the time. I can handle international time changes of 5 hours or 14 hours no problem but one hour drives me crazy for days. But travel to a place with a one hour time change I can handle as well.

I don't really understand why we have to change time. Its something to do with saving energy and enjoying the evening natural light. I did learn that Ben Franklin came up with the idea but it took over 100 years to catch on. If its to enjoy the evening daylight, it doesn't work here in eastern New England where I think we should really be in Atlantic time if we were really technical about it.

Enough about that. Stay in bed. Sleep late. You'll feel better.

1 comment:

Sami said...

Hi Caroline!

The time change IS the worst here in the east! Now when I get out of work at 5 it has been dark for over 1.5 hours. It's terrible.

I woke up naturally at my usual 6:30am time except it was really 5:30. I at least got a jump start on the day!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...