Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Does one out of four count?

I'm slightly better than others because the data says 80% of New Year's resolutions fail. I made four resolutions at the beginning of 2012, and only achieved one. My resolutions were:
  1. Not to get cancer again in 2012. I didn't. I mean there are things that are under supervision but no new diagnoses.
  2. Not to develop any new medical ailments in 2012. FAIL. I now have fibromyalagia and rheumatoid arthritis so I have all sorts of new stuff to learn about.
  3. To lose weight. FAIL. I upped my personal deflabbification project and I didn't lose weight. Well I did and it came back - see #2 above which made it harder to exercise. I think I weigh exactly the same as I did a year ago but I am still motivated.
  4. To be a perky cheerful person all the time. FAIL. Again see #2 above which makes it difficult to be perky and cheerful all the time when one is in pain, tired, and cranky. But I still manage to be perky occasionally which really annoys my husband so that is just a bonus.
Well now I have time to come up with new resolutions for 2013. I'll think about it and get back to you in a few days.

In the meantime, Happy 2013.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...