- I know the best way to get to the hospital to avoid any traffic. Other family members may disagree but I never sit and wait.
- I know how to work the TV/computer in the patient rooms without help. I even know how to deal with the separate key board.
- I know when and where to find the nurse to get the real story.
- I know to prompt the patient to ask for meds or to speak up about issues.
- I know where to park for ER visits and where to find wheel chairs.
Its been a long and stressful week or so. I am not the sick one for once but I am the very tired one. I have been getting home from the hospital way too late at night. Last night I arrived home to find in the mail:
- A hospital bill
- A hospital appointment list
- An explanation of benefits from the insurance company
Today I will go to work for the morning and have my leftover Chinese food for lunch. Then I may stop by the hospital again but what I really want to do is to come home and take a nap.
I have decided you have to be healthy and rested to be a caregiver.