Monday, June 2, 2008

But now I feel really stupid

Saturday I went to the library. Upon checking out, I was informed I still had one overdue book. They gave me the name and author and I went home to look. I started in all the obvious places - the living room, under and next to my bed and quickly moved on to taking all my books out of my bookcase. I spent an hour looking and basically gave up. I decided either I must have sold it to the used paperback book store we went to a few weeks ago or that I left it in the hotel when we went away.

Sunday morning I discovered the book sitting in the middle of the coffee table in the living room. Its the only book on the coffee table and there really isn't that much other junk. I obviously am just really stupid sometimes.

Otherwise, I had a nice day - once I got over my stupidity. We went out for a long walk and had breakfast at the diner. I had an egg beater omelette with toast and only a little bit of cheese. We ran some errands and then I went to a bridal shower - imagine that - me at a social event! I hadn't seen some people in quite some time. It was very nice, good food, and I also met a bunch of new people.

We had an invasion this weekend. On Saturday I went to take a shower and found TEN ants in the bath tub - yuck! Yesterday I only had to kill off four before showering. (I have adapted to killing ants. Anything else, I pick up and move out side. Ants I do not consider to be worthy of the move. They get terminated.) We put out a bunch of ant traps (no they are not organic or anything but they will prevent us from a major infestation) and got some spray for outside. If this doesn't work , we need to pay the exterminator many hundreds of dollars for them to come regularly to get them under control. Too bad the cat won't chase them down for us. He got rid of the mice that way!

One side effect of all this stress is insomnia. I have been up since 3. I couldn't get back to sleep. I am sure I will end up crabby as a result.

Today I will go for a walk, pick up prescriptions, go to work, and that's about it. Possibly some house cleaning but don't count on it.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...