Thursday, June 19, 2008

Running around the midwest

Off on vacation we are actually running around the midwest. Well, not really. We aren't running, we are driving and we are staying in the state of Minnesota. We have seen a lot of farm country, and a fair number of cows and horses. We have also seen a thousand falling down barns, tractors, pick up trucks, and green fields. We are staying on a lake at a cabin. There is a very friendly little chipmunk (perhaps I should bring him home for the cat...) There are many birds, including loons and a family of baby ducks.

I am managing to eat a healthy diet... but its not easy. There are more things that I can't eat than I can. However I did have some very yummy hot smoked salmon for dinner last night (lox is cold smoked so it is very different). If I have one more chicken sandwich or salad with chicken on it, I might explode, or turn into a salad... I am having chocolate, bacon, cheese, chips withdrawal.

Today we went by Mille Lacs which is the second largest lake in the state. We are in a small town to see a friend's son in a parade which should be kind of interesting. There is a very minor possibility that I am overdoing things... But only a minor possibility. I did stay up kind of late last night... and we have been out and about all day, and yesterday we were out all day, and the day before I was flying, and the day before that we were driving and doing laundry and unpacking and repacking while recovering from too much mini golf and other kinds of fun... But it is only a minor possibility that I am overdoing it.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...