Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yet another example of chemo brain

Once again, chemo brain strikes. Yesterday, in an effort to be cheap, I decided to take all the left over bread from the freezer that I was saving and turn them into bread crumbs (who likes to eat the heel of the loaf anyway). I ground them up and decided that when I cooked dinner I would dry them in the oven. Well, silly me. Dinner cooked at 400 degrees. I had blackened bread crumbs... Wah! I will start over and use a lower oven in a few weeks.

Yesterday I went for a walk and got my nails done. Apparently when I fell but didn't really fall a couple of weeks ago (as noted in my medical lies post), I broke my big toenail on my right foot. Not a big deal except a chunk split off and was growing into my toe and getting pretty sore. Well, we think the pedicure corrected this but I have to watch it as she thought it was starting to get infected and may need medical attention! What! Its only a toe nail. Why can't my body just start healing itself? I am sick of doctor visits. Oh, but wait, I conveniently have a doctor appointment on Monday. I'll just add it to my damn list of issues.

Today I am being a good doobie. Walter is replacing a portion of our fence. It has to be painted first. Let's just say painting makes him crabby. I am going to paint the fence this morning. He will build a gate instead. An even division of labor I think because he wont be crabby. Then I guess it will be my turn to be crabby. but then we will go out to dinner. We were going to go to the beach but these pesky thunderstorms keep ruining that plan. Maybe later this week.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...