Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Its going to take about a week

I am home. I got in last night. My flight out of Atlanta was delayed for 1:15 due to thunderstorms in Boston so I got in later than I want and am tired. I think it will take about a week for me to recover from:

- doing to much several times last week. Well, maybe only once or twice (a day).
- staying up late to (gasp) watch movies.
- eating too much but I was pleasantly informed by the scale this morning that my vacation did not destroy my diet (other than the scone incident... they were there and were yummy and I have no willpower... and there was the garlic bread incident....)
- dragging an overstuffed suitcase around - however it didn't open up in transit so I am happy.

Actually, it was great to be on vacation. It has been too damn long - more than a year. The only bad thing is I was on vacation with out my husband. The next step is a vacation with him. Never skip vacations - and never work too hard. No one has ever died wishing they had worked more and vacationed less.

Now that I am home, it is back to reality time. Today I only have to unpack, do some laundry, go grocery shopping, work, prep for an interview tomorrow, and admire my garden. The unpacking of the things I lugged all over the place and never used is clearly the worst part. I also have to open mail, weeding.... AAAAGGGHHH! I need another vacation!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...