Friday, June 27, 2008

Making a list...

And checking it twice!... No wrong season. I am making a list but for my doctor's appointment on Monday. It is a follow up with my primary care physician after I saw her in April. I had so many things going on then, that she couldn't get to them all and wanted to see me back in two months so off I go.

My goals are:

1. Make a list of things to bring up with her.
2. Remember to bring the list with me.
3. Remember to get through all the issues.
4. Write down her responses so I can remember them.

This may be stretching my tiny chemo brain's capacity. The tough word in items 2-4 is 'remember'. I really don't think I have a brain these days. Ask anyone who deals with me on a day to day basis. My brain evaporated sometime in the past year.

Big news yesterday. I got my latest list of appointments from Lahey and, for the first time in a year, they can all fit on two sheets of paper - meaning I have less than 10 upcoming scheduled appointments. I have a mere 8 in the next 60 days. And to think I was starting to miss the place.

Last night we went out to dinner with my parents. Apparently I ate something my gall bladder didn't like. It was not happy. It complained loudly. Well, not a full gall bladder attack but it was not happy. I didn't even have the fried clams (which I know are horrible for you but are my absolute favorite meal). I had baked scallops and salad and half a baked potato. And bread. And beer (with blueberries in it which I liked but my mother and husband thought was disgusting - blueberry summer ale tastes very nice with fresh blueberries).

Today I will eat lightly to compensate and see if my gall bladder recovers. For a change of pace, I will have a salad with chicken on it. Actually today I am going for a walk with a friend, getting my nails done, and am going to murder the giant weed that is leaning over the fence from the neighbors. I will post before and after pictures. This is not your average, garden weed. It is at least 6' tall and hangs a good 5' into our yard. A weed is a plant where you don't want it and this clearly fits the description.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...