Sunday, June 1, 2008

Today I feel a little smarter

No I didn't say a little less stressed, just a little smarter. See I did some research. I found out what a stereotactic core biopsy is and I had some people confirm what it was like. Basically you lie on a table face down with your breast in a hole. The table is raised and they squish it like for a mammogram and stick needles into you. On a scale of 1-10 for fun and enjoyment, I'll put this at about a -35. In my experience the needles they use to deaden the area are more painful than anything else. Also, this involves needles of which I am not too fond. Any bets as to if I will end up with steri strips as well? The itchy little buggers!

I also reread my own blog from last year (since I have chemo brain and can't remember anything) and learned that the bone scan is very boring and a good time for a nap. I will plan my nap schedule accordingly.

Another event which made me feel oh so smart was that yesterday the phone rang and the woman on the on the other end was from a summer camp looking for Mary who needed camp for her 5 year old. She was very embarrassed. I had called the camp as part of one of my part time jobs which is why she had my number. Anyhow, it makes me feel so much better after getting all confused with children on summer program wait lists that we had last week at work.

Yesterday I also did all kinds of things. I met friends for coffee, went to the farm stand, the bank, the library, and two consignment stores where I got a deal on four tops and a pair of earrings. Retail therapy has been proven to relieve stress.

Today, Walter and I have a plan. We are going for a walk and out for breakfast and then to run some errands. Then I am going to a bridal shower. I am working at keeping myself very busy. When busy I cannot dwell and stress. When bored, I do dwell and stress. Off to my busy day!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...