Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It must be National Drive Slow week

I really think so. On Monday night in the cab on the way home from the airport, I had to 'remind' the cab driver the speed limit was 55... He was going 35. I am not sure if he was confused by the ramp speed limit signs we had just passed, was trying to save gas, or was trying to run out the meter. Needless to say, he was slowing down our trip considerably. When was the last time you had to ask a cab to speed up????

Then on the way to work yesterday (when I was running a little late - moi?), I was stuck behind someone going 25 in a 35 zone. And changing lanes without the benefit of a turn indicator (around here, that's considered giving secrets to the enemy).

Later, I was rushing again (because I took too long in the store and was going to be late), and I got behind another 'intelligent life form' going approximately 10 mph under the speed limit again. And then I hit every red light!

At the end of the day, I was driving home during a hail storm, so I was one of those slow pokes - but I think I had a better excuse than moronism.

I know you thought you were safe but not here is the dreaded "What I did on my summer vacation" essay. I figured I could titled my post with something else and sneak it in here! (See how devious I can be?)

Last Tuesday, I flew out to MN and spent the night at my friends house in the southern part of the state. I stayed with her and her family, which includes very well behaved cats - 'Look they are on the kitchen counter, they have never done that before! Bad cat!' (Apparently if you say this you can make your guests believe they are very well trained and have never been on the kitchen counter before!)

We then drove up to the northern part of the state and stayed at a friend's cabin on a lake. It had a local flying chipmunk and a family of baby ducks. I caught them in their daily commute from their nest about 50 yards to the north of us to their day time post of 50 yards south of us.

We saw lots of farm land. I mean LOTS of farm land. Lots of corn and soybeans I think. Also, a few million cows and some horses as well. We did some shopping but we also went to Lake Itasca which is the headwaters of the Mississippi.

After a few days up north, we returned down south and hung out at my friend's house for a few days. We watched movies, ate yummy food, and otherwise didn't do a lot else. It was what a vacation was supposed to be.

In my pile of mail at home, I was greeted by my credit card bill for my plane tickets - welcome back!!!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...