Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Two giant snapping turtles and counting

Yes I have seen two of these ugly things recently. Last week while driving to Lahey (where else do I go), there was one on the side of the road (protected by orange traffic cones) which is a short cut along some wetlands. His shell was at least a foot long!

Then yesterday, I went out on the bike path near us after work and there was a slightly smaller one on the side of the bike path. His shell was probably 10" long. I took his picture with my cell phone (and if I can ever figure out how to get it from my phone to my computer I might even post it). He was probably crossing from the wetlands on one side to the other. (However now I know not to ever go swimming in the little pond!!!!) The weird thing was when I went back that way about 20 minutes later he was gone. So he either walked really fast for a turtle and crossed the bike path or turned around really quickly and went back down into the wetlands. About 15 years ago, I saw one on the bike path in about the same area. You don't see them often.

Yesterday my phone rang at 10 of 8 in the morning. Who calls that early? Well it was a friend who had the day off and wanted to go for a walk so we did. It was a nice way to start the day.Then I did remember to run my errands and pick up my prescriptions before going to work.

Today is scheduled nap day, I mean bone scan day. Last year I took a nap during my bone scan so I will probably do the same this year. I have to be there at 9 for the injection, which means leaving here at 820 and trying to avoid all the school buses. Then I am going sandal shopping and to run some errands and maybe meet a friend for lunch before going back for my scan at 1245. An all day adventure at Lahey. I hope to be home by 2 so I can get some work done before my support group.


I was offered the option of taking the Ted Kennedy approach to medical issues and going sailing today but unfortunately I will have to opt for my current schedule.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...