Sunday, June 8, 2008

It was freezing cold

Welcome to summer in New England. The temperatures were expected to hit 90 so we went sailing. I was wearing a sweat shirt because it never got hot out on the water. But as soon as we went ashore, it was hot. Too bad we missed it! That's okay. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be hotter. Last year, due to my fun and adventures in the medical world, I didn't get to go sailing at all so it was especially nice to go this year. I can't do as much in terms of hauling in the sheets, halyards, and mooring and dock lines but that's the work part. I also got tired enough that I took a nap. I haven't taken a nap in months. I try to avoid them so I sleep better at night but I guess I was a little tired from this week's roller coaster. (I took this picture lying down inside on the dinette and looking straight up the mast.)

I couldn't go out for fried clams either - my traditional post sailing meal. I had grilled chicken and a baked potato instead. Not quite the same thing. We rushed home to watch the Belmont Stakes and actually turned on the TV about at the half mile point so we got to see the end. Too bad there's no Triple Crown this year again but hopefully Big Brown will be okay. (I only follow the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont on the day of the actual races. I think I read Black Beauty and Man O'War too many times as a child.)

Today I am going out for a walk before the heat kicks in and then lots of chores to do. Wah! But not weeding. It will be too hot for weeding. I will let the little weeds grow for now.

It is very exciting after 3 years my peonies are finally blooming so I had to share. However I planted six plants, 4 made it, and only two bloomed.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...